Week of Feb 10
- ELA - AR - Please check in with your child to be sure he/she is reading an AR book (on his/her level) and getting ready for that next AR test. Remember that 2 tests are required before the end of the nine weeks (which is coming soon).
- ELA - Freak the Mighty novel notes - Students are responsible for being sure their notes are complete, even if they are absent. Remember that the chapters are read aloud and can be found on YouTube. (I sent the link in a previous email.) Students can also come to tutoring in the morning to work on them.
- Math - Morning math from last week is due TOMORROW! Also, students need to be studying their notes - all of them, in chunks - during their nightly study time.
- Social Studies (Begley) - Vocab test tomorrow and Unit test over Greece on Thursday
- Social Studies (Pickrell) - Unit test over Greece on Thursday
- Science - 20? quiz Wednesday over energy and the types of energy
- Science - Students are also responsible for working on their Words to Know boxes (WTK)
- Multiplication facts - These are so important!! There are apps and other online games that practice math facts that make it a little more fun. Again, just 10 minutes each night will make a huge difference!
- Tutoring and Corrections - What a combination! Doing these two things consistently will help students' grades. They get out of it what they put into it. Effort is really important.
I know it's a lot, but if students will work at least 10-15 minutes each night on each subject, it won't seem like as much. Even just a little study time will help.