REMINDERS: For students who have been absent, access Study Island as follows:
1. Go to Clever
2. Click on the Study Island app (palm tree)
3. You will see 4 boxes on your screen. Look at the bottom right corner where you see "Active Assignments" and
click "HOMEWORK Capitaliztion"
*******NOTE****** If you ever do not see the assignment there, you can also go to "My Classes" on the left hand side of your screen. SCROLL down until you see Barding ELA Core 3. CLICK "view assignments" in that box.
4. Click the blue word "Capitalization"
5. You will see 4 colored boxes. You can click "Lesson" and review capitalization rules. The go back and click on the orange "Practice" box to start the assignment.
6. Your goal is to get 70% or above which is a blue ribbon.
NOTE: IF you score below 70%, you will have to complete the BUILDING BLOCK (noted by an arrow below the assignment) before you can go back to complete the original assignment. Always read the "Lesson" box first and take your time.
~MONDAY~ In Class: Amplify SubUnit 3, Lesson 6 (connecting moments in reading; identify emotions; inference based on evidence)
~TUESDAY~ In Class: Amplify SubUnit 3, Lesson 7 (focusing on details, evidence, dialogue & narration - making inferences)
~WEDNESDAY~ In Class: Finish Amplify SubUnit 3, Lesson 7
HW: Study Island (Analyze & Draw Inferences) due next Tuesday 9/28. The expectations are the same for all Study Island practice assignments. Students should not wait until the last minute to start. This prepares them for the assessment over each skill.
REVIEW for Grammar Quiz.
~THURSDAY~ In Class: Grammar Quiz #3; Amplify SubUnit 3, Lesson 8 (interpreting dialogue, narration, point of view - inference based on evidence)
HW: Complete reading article.
~FRIDAY~ In Class: Complete Amplify SubUnit 3, Lesson 8. If there is time, start Lesson 9.
HW: Study Island (Analyze & Draw Inferences) is due Tuesday, 9/28.
NOTE: PLANS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE NEEDS OF EACH CLASS.