All content and information will be available through google classroom. Students were emailed individual links/codes.
Please read and share the information from our School Nutrition Director and team regarding our RCS Feeding Plan. We are beyond blessed for the direction of Megan Adams, her staff, and all the volunteers making sure our students are receiving the nutrition they need during our extended closure.
In response to Governor Lee's “Safer at Home” order, we are transitioning our feeding program to better protect the health of those working to serve meals and those receiving meals. Beginning next week (starting April 13, 2020), we will only be serving meals on Tuesday and Thursday to limit potential exposure to COVID-19. All routes and sites will remain the same; please visit the linked document for the most up-to-date list of sites and bus routes.
On Tuesday of each week, each child will receive 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches. On Thursday of each week, each child will receive 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches. Essentially, all children will continue to receive the 5 meals weekly as they are now. Papers explaining these changes will be sent home with the kids in the meal bags this week.
Please note that meals will not be served this Friday, April 10, 2020, due to Good Friday. Students will receive two breakfasts and two lunches on Thursday.
Breakfast and lunch will be offered at no cost to all children 18 years old and under.
Each child will be able to pick up one breakfast and one lunch from 10AM – 12PM at one of the identified sites Monday through Friday beginning March 23, 2020.
Child must be present to receive meals. (Regulations places on our district by those allowing this to take place.)
A child does not have to attend the school to receive a meal; as long as they are present and 18 years old or younger, they can receive meals.
The following sites will be meal pick-up locations:
- Rockwood High School (Parking lot by gym)
- Evans Heights (Bus will park in between office and bus stop)
- The Meadows Apartments (Bus will park between the office and mailboxes)
- Midtown Elementary School (Front entrance of school drive thru)
- Deer Run Apartments (Bus will park by mailboxes at main entrance
- Courtney Square Apartments (Bus will park by mailboxes at main entrance)
- Harriman High School (Loading dock of cafeteria parking lot drive thru)
- Fiske Heights (Bus will park @ Believer’s Church)
- Rolling Acres (Bus will park in front of Community Room on Crestview Ave/ part of Roberts St. Circle)
- Cherokee Middle School (Car rider line drive thru)
- Midway Middle School (see video on Midway Middle Facebook page for drive thru)
* Laurel Bluff Baptist is delivering meals in the Midway area
- Dyllis Springs Elementary School (Car rider line drive thru)
- Oliver Springs Middle School (Front entrance drive thru)
*Bus #45 is going to run a route to East Roane starting at 10AM until 12PM in the following order of roads: Holderford Rd, Old Holderford Rd, Little Dogwood Rd, Texas Ln, Shady Trail Ln, Marble View Dr., Oakgrove Rd., Elm Grove Rd.*
If you are unable to pickup your child's meals, please use the linked form to provide information for possible delivery or contact Megan Adams at 865-376-8500.
Parents/Guardians: I am working to combine my supply list with your child's inclusion teachers' lists. Please DO NOT use the grade-level lists posted/handed out. Wait until you are given/sent one with my name. Your child will not need ALL of those items. :)
Dear CMS Students/Parents of Students,
May 11th - 15th, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
May 14th, 10:00 - 2:00 and 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
At Cherokee Middle School:
No more than 6 students will be allowed in the library at a time. We must make the process swift and keep them moving. In and out.
As much as we would love to give our students hugs, we will still be practicing social distancing and will give virtual hugs and big smiles!
- Students/parents may come on any of these dates regardless what grade they are in.
- Please wipe down all returning items as best as possible with disinfectant wipes.
- Students are to return
- borrowed books
- library books
- band instruments (band students - please go to cms.roaneschools.com and go to Mr. Tillman’s webpage to see the specifics about what to return to the band room.)
- athletic gear
- Any completed work you would like to return to your teacher. (place work in a grocery bag with your name and the name of the teacher it is to go to)
- pay outstanding fees, i.e. Cafeteria Charges, Lost Textbook Fees
- pick up or purchase yearbooks (If you pre-ordered, it will be ready for your child to pick up. If you did not pre-order, there are some for sale for $40 until sold out.)
- If your child had any medications that were kept with the school nurse, please have your child pick up what belongs to them.
- retrieve any personal items or clothing from the lockers.
- Pick up a copy of the materials list for next year, Out-of-District Form, and Physical Paperwork
- 8th grade students will receive 8th grade Certificates
Only our high school students will have a graduation, which will take place later in the summer. There will not be any honors or recognition ceremonies at CMS or any other Roane County Middle School or for any other grade levels. I realize this is disheartening to many, our students have worked very hard. Our 8th grade students will receive their 8th grade certificate, however no other awards or recognitions will take place.
- Traffic Flow - Parents will use the car rider line to drop off students, then the parent will be directed to pull in the bus line,
(next to the front of the school) to pick up their child in front of the band/cafeteria area.
- If a parent must come into the building, please park in the bus lane on the far side of the bus lane next to the road so that you do not block the flow of the traffic.
- Students will enter the outside doors to the library, drop off Chromebook, library books, textbooks, borrowed books, and athletic gear, pay cafeteria/library/lost text fees if needed, and pick up or purchase a yearbook. Students will then be directed to the locker/grade level hallway to pick up personal items, exit the end of hallway doors as if going to the cafeteria, drop off their band instrument in the band room, exit the door by band room, get in the car and leave. Not every child will need or want to get personal items or return a band instrument. Those that do not have to will exit the library and return to their car in the bus lane and leave.